FSD on model 3 as per Evezy spec when ordered

Back in November when I placed my deposit and joined the queue the evezy model 3 performance spec clearly included FSD

I understand that recent deliveries have not had FSD so curious as to why and if that will be the case for next batch too?

I was disappointed not to get that on the M3P I had for a month. But in the end I got to try FSD out. Mine went to the Tesla SC to get a new front wiring harness, and the Loaner MS had it.

It was nice, but I don’t know if I’d pay the extra £6k for it. You still had to authorise the lane changes, and it often wanted to move back to the left lane as soon as it could. This meant you probably did more lane changes than were strictly necessary.

I didn’t use the auto parking either. It had trouble spotting the spaces. You had to surrender total control to the car (not just the steering, but braking as well) The car seemed to approach the kerb very quickly so I chickened out and parked myself!

Thanks @E7EV Guess my point is that I’m hoping Evezy are finding a way to provide what was advertised and committed to at the point of deposit. Not sure they’ve ever explained why the current M3’s have been provided without FSD :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Lily_at_Evezy can you explain why the Model 3 Performance didn’t get FSD in the end. I was a little disappointed, but after a 5 month wait I wasn’t going to make an issue of it. We appreciate Tesla isn’t always an easy company to work with :wink: After such a long wait, did evezy accept whatever Performance models Tesla would give them so their customers wouldn’t have to wait any longer? How about the next batch?

Hi both, with FSD the amount of extra features included in the UK is really minimal for the £5,800 extra cost it comes with (UK regulation stops most of the cool US features). We made the decision that there wasn’t enough of a benefit to offer it right now, without having to raise the prices substantially. However it can be added at any time through a software update, so if Tesla roll out an amazing, game-changing FSD update we could buy it retrospectively for the entire fleet at any point in the future!

1 Like

hi @Lily_at_Evezy
Thanks for replying, any plans to let people know more formally given that it’s a change to what was ‘sold’?

Appreciate the view and it makes sense, it would just be nice given it’s something less than what was sold to those of us that have placed deposits if we had something to confirm or maybe make a tiny amend?! How about a key card and a super happy referral/review?! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is what @Lily_at_Evezy said on another thread:

“unfortunately that’s not possible for security reasons. If people knew the keys were inside the vehicles at our swap points, they could be a target for easy theft.”

This is the first time I’ve seen a clear answer to this question and it sounds reasonable to me. I think when we understand the reason why evezy do/don’t do something a certain way, we can accept things more easily.

Evezy aren’t obligated to explain the reason they do things in a certain way, but I’m glad they do!

Thanks @Lily_at_Evezy and keep the clear and informative answers to our questions coming :+1:

3 Likes

Sounds interesting. What do you mean by that?:thinking:

Yeah I know I was being cheeky :wink:

2 Likes