Fisker Ocean.....?

So I just saw this announcement that Fisker has signed a deal with ONTO to provide their new Ocean SUV in 2023… talk about booking your vehicles ahead of time…

Fisker to supply up to 700 vehicles to UK-based Onto in 2023 (msn.com)

I’m hoping they get the ID.4 when I’m in the position to start a subscription… which hopefully will be this year…

8 Likes

Was just reading about this car today. They’re hoping it will be a £21K car to buy in the UK. Good luck to them! Not going to lie - probably won’t be with onto by the time it’s part of the fleet :joy:

The most interesting thing about this is that ONTO are arranging deals so far ahead. I wonder what else they already have lined up?

1 Like

If I were Onto, I’d be concerned about more manufacturers offering Onto like options directly, cutting out the middle man, and I’d be trying to secure as many alternatives as possible.

I see Fisker are already planning to offer an Onto like service in the US.

That is definitely a first and it’s a couple of years away.
Almost seems too far away :smirk:
Maybe there are other interesting deals that will come to light soon too.

Yep that’s something that a few people have commented on before, @E7EV, me and others. It’s highly likely that the whole ‘ownership model’ will be turned upside down in the years to come and a number are already going down the subscription route, Volvo, Geely, JLR etc. Riversimple never intend to ‘sell’ any of the hydrogen cars it is making… https://www.h2bulletin.com/xebec-hydrogen-fuelcell-energy/ many more EV’s will follow the lead, but ONTO will have many years as a leader in the subscription service it offers. There are many millions of cars to replace before we are ‘green’.

3 Likes

Seems it’s an exclusive deal for the first year in the U.K.

3 Likes

“offered exclusively through a subscription service managed by Onto for the first 12 months of UK availability” according to that article.

If accurate, Fisker are providing ONTO with the vehicles at no or low cost as a way of introducing their vehicles into the UK market. Do they take the cars back at the end of the year?

2 Likes

250 to 300 mile range.
80kWh battery
0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds

2 Likes

Very exciting specs!

I take it to mean that Onto will be the only way to drive an Ocean for the first year. Then they may become available to more subscription services should Fisker decide to form an agreement with other companies.

3 Likes

Fisker gauge UK demand via Onto (thereby vastly reducing their own UK exposure and set up costs ) and if shown to be strong after 12 months they launch their own, direct to consumer offering (Fisker Flexee). Perhaps.

3 Likes

App seems very competent and live with reservations capabilities in dollars.
Fiskar have quite an interesting history too, been around and done a lot already.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisker_Inc.

Henrik Fisker
@henrikfisker

·

18h

FISKER & ONTO Sign agreement for delivery of up to 700 vehicles in 2023 ! I expect 1000’s of B to B orders in Europe this year, with our #sustainable Fisker Ocean! we got a special dept to approach this segment. #Fisker #love #EVs #ESG #fleet

2 Likes

I’d love one of these I wonder the price though

App shows this USA pricing info…

2 Likes

Expect the same in £, rather than an exchange rate conversion.

3 Likes

Probably higher than the amount quoted in dollars. More likely £400 plus.
2023 is a long way off.

Fisker have had a busy week…

It’s Been Another Electrifying Week!

From starting the week with our First Quarter 2021 Results Conference Call to the hugely exciting announcements with Foxconn, Sharp, and Onto Fleet Deal we are very excited to share a recap from this week with you… and it’s only Wednesday!

Fisker Inc reported Q1 earnings on Monday afternoon and hosted a conference call that provided a comprehensive update on Ocean development milestones, business partnerships, and the overall state of the business. Fisker remains fully on-track to unveil the production-intent version of the Ocean in November this year and to begin production and deliveries in Q4 2022. Analysts’ reports were very favorable, and some excerpts from those reports are below.

Citi

“Q1 should be viewed as a solidly reassuring update that inspires confidence in the Ocean timetable, technology offering & expected margin profile.”

Cowen

“Programs remain on track and reservations for the Ocean continue to build with the November LA Auto Show serving as a catalyst…. We see the company’s partnerships with Magna and Foxconn helping drive lower costs and faster go to market.”

Morgan Stanley

“There were a number of milestones and updates related to industrial progress highlighted by the company. Fisker moved the Ocean into ‘execution phase’ including sourcing the majority of the bill of materials (BOM) and completing important homologation and testing milestones.”

ProjPear

Fisker signed framework agreements with Foxconn supporting joint development and manufacturing related to Project ‘PEAR’ (Personal Electric Automotive Revolution), a program to develop a new breakthrough electric vehicle.

Under the agreements, Fisker and Foxconn will jointly invest into Project PEAR, with each company taking proceeds from the successful delivery of the program.

This week we also announced our nomination of Sharp Corporation, part of the Hon Hai Technology Group, to develop technologies supporting next generation in-vehicle screens and interfaces. The agreement would include the co-creation of technologies and the subsequent manufacture of screens and components from Sharp to support the Ocean SUV, Project’ PEAR’ (Personal Electric Automotive Revolution), and potentially two additional Fisker vehicles.

Sharp

Lastly, we announced a partnership with Onto, the UK-based all-inclusive electric car subscription service for private and business users. The agreement, the first multi-vehicle reservation for Fisker in the UK market, supports the delivery of up to 700 vehicles in 2023. Onto will not only be Fisker’s first customer in the UK, but also the exclusive rental/subscription partner for 2023.

We are grateful to our investors, followers, and reservation holders for your commitment to Fisker’s mission of a cleaner future for all. We look forward to many more exciting weeks, months, and years ahead!

Sincerely,

_Reg_Fisker_Sig

Henrik

1 Like

Absolutely yes. I meant the overall price of the car. Don’t expect $29,999 to be £22,000.

Also, looks like their subscription has $2999 upfront cost.

1 Like

Well this is something you don’t see everyday…

Fisker Logo
Fisker Papal Transport

FISKER SET TO MAKE FIRST ALL-ELECTRIC PAPAL TRANSPORT

LOS ANGELES (May 21, 2021) Fisker is set to develop the first all-electric vehicle for the Holy See, Pope Francis, after a historic visit to Vatican City. Fisker co-founders, Henrik Fisker and Dr. Geeta Gupta-Fisker, during a private audience with Pope Francis on Thursday, presented a vision for the design of an all-electric papal transport.

“I got inspired reading that Pope Francis is very considerate about the environment and the impact of climate change for future generations,” says Henrik Fisker. “The interior of the Fisker Ocean papal transport will contain a variety of sustainable materials, including carpets made from recycled plastic bottles from the ocean.”

Pope Francis Signing

An all-electric papal transport will provide the first exhaust-free and emissions-free experience for those gathered for blessings by His Holiness. The spacious interior of the Fisker Ocean SUV supports a large, modern, all-glass cupola, offering accessibility and visibility for Pope Francis to greet the faithful. This specially created Fisker Ocean will be the first all-electric papal transport – adding to a long line of iconic designs from the pen of Henrik Fisker.

Fisker Ocean Sketch for Pope Francis

The company plans to deliver this singular version of the Fisker Ocean to the Pope next year. The Fisker Ocean is projected to start production on November 17, 2022. There are currently more than 16,000 reservation holders for the Ocean, which will offer incredible value and features that compare favorably to competitive EVs across the entire price range.

The Fisker Ocean starts at $37,499 in the U.S. (excluding applicable subsidies) and €32,000 in Germany (including VAT and applicable subsidies). It will be available in premium versions that include compelling features such as Ultra High Range (approximately 350 miles), all-wheel drive and many more yet to be announced.

You can read the full press release here.

rear pic

www.fiskerinc.com

1 Like

If only this had been 1st April

3 Likes