First VW ID.3 to be Delivered

I want one now :sob:

3 Likes

I went with the Kona instead of the ID3 because I liked the physical buttons, how are the sliders working on the ID3 for you?
I have the Ultimate in the black and cant work out if I prefer the look of the ID3 or not…

1 Like

Might still show up :rofl:

2 Likes

Unsure if it’s in the same vain as this, but made me think of Homer:

Also – is it about time to start a pot on the expected date for being able to book the ID.3 Family? Would be great to have something nice to look forward to! :smiley:

4 Likes

I might have to go back to the showroom for another look if we don’t get a date fairly soon!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: 20 characters long - should I do more emojis

I reckon it’ll be early September - gonna say 06/09/21 - that should give me a month to play with the pro life model :red_car::red_car:

Could anyone tell me how the sound system compares to say the kona, as this only has front speakers

1 Like

@Val @sdmr Your pics look great - making me jealous! The only thing i can see that’s wrong with them is that they both have Bridgestones on.

1 Like

Based on a very brief drive round the block in the ID3, I thought it sounded good and at least comparable to the Kona. I have no idea what it sounds like from the back seats of either car, however!

3 Likes

@sdmr thank you, promise last request could we have a night shot of the inside showing the lighting lol :grin: I am such a child :joy:

5 Likes

Maybe later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just to add to my comment about speakers after a two hour drive this morning. The audio quality is very good. Nice balance and good clarity. However… it is noticeable that the sound comes from in front of you rather than around you. That’s probably stating the obvious but it was noticeable this morning so I thought I would update my post.

5 Likes

@sdmr lol thanks mate, well as long as it sounds good then we can live with that, how’s the range and efficiency? and importantly brakes.

1 Like

My journey this morning was 33miles and achieved 3.7mi/kWh (slightly below the Kona on same journey at 3.9 mi/kWh)
25 miles at 70mph
ACC on, which was working brilliant until a random 50 sign on the A12 made me slow down in traffic

Obviously lots of factors to take into consideration like AC/weather etc but range and efficiency seems good for me so far.

3 Likes

Just in case you aren’t aware, I’m pretty sure the traffic sign aware aspect of the ACC can be turned off if it gets annoying.

2 Likes

I was not aware! Thanks @BillN I will be switching it off later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some more info here:
https://www.speakev.com/threads/predictive-cruise-confusion-between-mph-kph.155297/post-2943470

1 Like

Surely / hopefully they’ve sorted those software issues (kph / mph speed warnings?) in the recent major software updates - 2.1 from memory?

1 Like

Oh I don’t know about that - I was trying to link directly to post #27:

6 Likes

Very similar experience for me. I think I got 3.9mi/kWh on a drive where I’d expect to get 4.2mi/kWh on the Kona.

1 Like