First VW ID.3 to be Delivered

You may be getting mixed up with lane assist and lane follow (although manufacturers have different names for them). Lane assist stops you crossing the lines, lane follow actively tracks the vehicle in front and keeps you in the centre of the lane on motorways etc.

ID.3 life has the lane assist.

2 Likes

This is what I found on SpeakEV about turning off lane assist…

“I press the Assist button on the lower panel, that brings up the assist menu, from there you click on the 3 lines representing another menu, then switch lane assist to off.”

2 Likes

:weary:
What a ballache

Doesn’t sound too bad tbh - and might actually be easier -/ safer when on the move then having to fumble around for a button you can’t see down by your right knee (like in various other cars).

2 Likes

Yeah i’m sure it will become second nature if you feel the need to switch it off often enough.

1 Like

Colour choice survey ID.3 colour choice

Booked a swap back to e-208 but GT model this time. Really not feeling the ID3 at all!

That was quick. You haven’t even had it one day. :joy:

1 Like

Tells you a lot about how I make my decisions in life :joy:

Gone for White GT just feel like a dad in the ID3 can’t be bothered with a ‘hatchback’ that is bigger than it thinks it is. If I wanted a ‘bigger’ car, I’d just wait for the Q3 and go the full whack but this ID3 is a bit too in the middle for me. Lady on the phone said she’s heard this a few times regarding the ID3’s size and people disliking it.

Being a Dad it should be perfect for me then. We’ll see.

At least that’s the benefit of a subscription service like this. All it’s cost you is the swap fee to try out something different for a while.

3 Likes

It’s already available to book, so if anyone would like one better be quick! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s for august 19th. Go for it dads/mums :joy:

1 Like

Gives some insight into the turnaround- can see a Manganese Grey ID.3 available for earliest delivery 7th September

2 Likes

Guess that’s a best case scenario for turn around, given the car arrived to me with delivery miles (170). They probably expect it to be in and out and that’s the ‘quickest’ they can do. Good to know for sure!

I was told on the phone they’re getting new stock of e-208’s as well by the way kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

After 7 weeks! Final payment just gone out - excited for next Friday!!

4 Likes

@Rucket yep had mine leave this morning and now showing a new subscription on my account, so Friday we’ll see what’s its like

4 Likes

Excited - I’m expecting mine Fri afternoon - guessing yours is in the morning?

I need to remember to get that excess cover - might do that now actually…

2 Likes

Yeah it’s in the morning between 9-12, goons be interesting, will post some pictures as its moonstone grey

2 Likes

I parked behind one of these at the weekend and quite liked it. I think the flat grey is quite an ‘in’ colour at the moment and it looks good on the ID.3.

TBH, almost all colours look ‘good’ on the ID.3!

3 Likes

Hey @Acurated any news?