First VW ID.3 to be Delivered

5 Likes

This video gives a good idea of what the Family will look like at night:

4 Likes

Front grille light bar looks cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think I actually prefer the subtlety of the front lights on the Life tbh! I’d like it if there was a middle version with the functionality of the higher spec lights but with maybe a bit less bling!

Have my swap due today from e208 GT Line to ID3. Will send pics when I get it. Might be the first pic of a manganese grey version. Already looking at the specs I think I’ll shell out for the Family as soon as that’s available to book considering the small things I’ll be missing from the e-208.

3 Likes

Mine’s due to be delivered on Monday. In White like most others. I’ll look forward to seeing your pics.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! How have you found the ID light bar in the Life model? Does it have a lot of use or haven’t really noticed it?

Don’t pay any attention to it, dont even know it was there lol :joy:

1 Like

I think it’s a neat concept. Occasionally I notice something like an orange flash for a warning light. But mostly I don’t realise it’s there either.

1 Like

I gather it will be gaining more functionality in the upcoming 2.3 update - but I suspect it will mostly remain a bit of a gimmick rather than something genuinely useful.

1 Like

Manganese grey just delivered. Here’s some pics. Managed to get a side by side with my old e-208 GT as well. Size difference is obvious. Had a small update just pop up but it’s not the main OS update! So weird there’s no handbrake but I’m sure I’ll get used to it after 1 trip. Quite like the white logo and ID3 badge on the rear too.

10 Likes

Immediate impressions jumping from e-208 into the Life?

My impression of the the ID.3 (Family) minutes after getting out of the 208 was very good - certainly better than reviews had led me to believe it would be.

2 Likes

Surprisingly comfortable to sit in, even though the seats in the e-208 are more sporty and bucket like.
Arm rest in the Peugeot was really nice, barely revered the VW into the parking space so will be interesting to see how that feels during a drive.

The screen on the other hand is absolutely stunning in quality, the resolution is far superior to the Peugeot. Wireless carplay is a breeze as well although wireless charging dock is sort of near vertical in the centre console and quite narrow so have to shove your hand in to get it out.

Miss the reversing camera already so will probably get the Family model when it’s available.

There are many many settings in the VW, even for a very techy person - nearly too many menus to navigate around but I look forward to getting used to them all.

Already setup the app on my phone which you can setup scheduling for preheat/cooling and actually choose a specific temperature which is far superior to the Peugeot’s app.

Will take it for a spin a bit later on, still a bit confused at the auto handbrake but will figure that out!

4 Likes

Awesome - can’t wait for mine now :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I find the e-208 seats really comfortable and supportive, so I hope the same is true with the ID.3 too.

3 Likes

Glad to hear all these first impressions of the car are positive. I can’t wait. Still rare as rocking horse **** around here. I haven’t seen one for about a month.

1 Like

There is a handbrake button in the end of the gear selector.

And the auto hold feature is amazing. Loved it on the Zoe and Kona. Disappointed the e-208 didn’t have it. So pleased you can select whether it is on or off by default in the ID3.

4 Likes

I’m at the other end of the scale now and find it bizarre if there is a handbrake.
Love the just get in and drive and stop and just get out. It’s the way it should be.

5 Likes

Bahahahaha. When I get in a car and I have to pull up the handbrake - 1st world problems. How does one manoeuvre such a contraption? :weary::weary::weary::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

I’m going to be bold and say I think I prefer the Peugeot to the ID3 to be honest.

Smaller car, suits me a bit more, feel like I’m going to pick my non existent kids up from school in the ID3. Also as younger driver I feel a bit more comfortable in the sportier looking Peugeot.

The auto braking/swerving manoeuvre the ID3 pulled on me tonight also nearly made me crash but obviously I was gripping the steering wheel so straightened it out to avoid any issues. Definitely will turn that off in the morning.