Excess insurance best?

Hi guys I have been with onto now for 7 months I had enjoyed it apart from the bills I get when I had the car back I have never got insurance with my policy whos the best? And a quick question say I have a car for over a year and then when it goes back and I get hit with a bill will my insurance cover it? Or do u report it straight away? Who’s the best to go with?

Most people on this forum have a policy with Insurance4carhire. There are many who have successfully claimed, myself included. You are supposed to take out the policy before collection of the vehicle but using your most recent rental agreement as evidence of the rental usually suffices.

What I have done is just make a claim once the vehicle has gone back and been assessed by Onto. Then you’ll get an invoice/receipt for damages + photos as part of the survey. These can then be sent to i4ch as part of the claim process.

As always, please check the details of the policy yourself to check its right for you.

2 Likes

Cheers mate my care renewal is the 24th July so I will defo get myself covered by then

1 Like

Best to take a policy out the day before your car’s renewal date at the latest. That way you’re definitely covered.

1 Like

Hi, do you mean you refused Onto insurance and went elsewhere? Or just took out an additional policy to cover your £1000 excess with the insurance Onto provide?

Yh ill be too late to be covered now tho won’t I?

Most, probably all car hire excess insurance companies won’t cover you for rentals that start before your policy does. You’d need to check the Ts and Cs to see if there’s a minimum time gap between the two. Could be that if you took out insurance one hour before your rental started, you’d be ok. But, in the past, I took out a policy that only became effective the following day, that’s why we encourage people to do it the day before at thé latest. Otherwise you have to wait until you renew your vehicle the following month, and wouldn’t be covered during that time.

1 Like

As long as you purchase a policy by the 23rd, you should be covered for your next hire period. No point taking it out too early, as you’d be paying for something you can’t use, unless of course you hire other vehicles during that time.

2 Likes