Evezy App troubleshooting - tips and tricks

Hi guys, here is a bit more info about our app and a few troubleshoots to help you get started!

What can you do with the Evezy App?

Our app enables you to connect, lock, unlock and start your Evezy car. It will also show you the amount of miles you have left this month, and the charge level and location of your car. Depending on the car you book, there are other features you may be able to access through our App, such as pre-heating, opening the charge flap or opening the bonnet. If you book a Tesla, you will also be able to access most features from the Tesla App through our Evezy App.

Please note when you unlock the car, you will have a minute to start it. This is for security purposes. If you unlocked it but more than a minute went by, you will need to lock it and unlock it again to start the engine.

How will you know how to use the app?

Our App is user friendly and very intuitive to use. Nevertheless, when you book in your car, you will receive a Quick Start Guide providing screenshots and explanations of how to use our App. If you have any questions, we have a 24/7 phone line and our Customer Success team will be happy to help you.

Can you use the Evezy app without Wifi/Data?

Yes. Our Evezy App communicates with the vehicle via Bluetooth, so please ensure your Bluetooth is on.
You will need to download the virtual key to access the car. This is done automatically when you open the App, so please ensure you can do this with WiFi or data at least once a day. After that, the key will be stored on your device for up to 24 hours, so you will be able to access the car in those 24 hours even if you don’t have data or WiFi available. It will only store the key for 24 hours for security purposes.

Can other people use your app?

No, please do not share your login details with anyone. If you wish to add additional drivers to your subscription, contact our Customer Success team and they will be happy to do this for you. You can have up to 3 additional drivers on your subscription and they will get their own login details to access your car through our App.

Let me know if you have more questions, or feel free to comment and let us know any other tips you may have for new users!

1 Like

Anyone else have an issue with the Evezy app whereby when you lock the car, it doesn’t lock it “correctly”?

I’ve got one of their BMW i3 120Ahs, and whilst it locks and unlocks fine, it is pot luck whether it locks properly - as in the indicator flashes, as if it was locked with the regular key, or instead what it does a lot of the time which is simply lock the doors, no indicator flash, and the displays stay on for a while. I wonder whether or not the car is properly asleep when it’s like this.

Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why it works sometimes but not other times. Don’t know if it affects other cars.

1 Like

^this, also a i3 user.

The app is getting very annoying, about 1 in 4 times it takes more than 20 seconds to connect to the car, which is annoying in the rain

i’ve recently had the bluetooth module fitted to my model 3. ive noticed that sometimes you can be in the car, say at supercharger, get out to connect and then disconnect the charger, jump back in and the car asks for the keycard. you have to then log in to the app, lock the car and then unlock the car - this isnt the official line on this matter, is it evezy?

Now you mention it, I have noticed that occasionally the indicators don’t blink whilst other times they do.

Couple of things I have noticed. When I have run out of data for the month on my mobile phone and I try to connect it often fails. If I go into airoplane mode or switch of mobile data then it works again :slight_smile:
Also when I press the home button on the mobile and I see all my apps that are running I can see the header bar for the evezy app. Unfortunatly the number plate is not on the header bar in this view model (which would be useful to include it for parking meters etc) but selecting the app in regular mode and the number place becomes visable once again.

Also the app shows the number of miles left this month and date of the end of the month contract. It would be so helpful to have miles per day remaining on the app dash

otherwise all is great

If you’re talking about using app switching, which device are you using? I’ve done the same thing on iPhone and it shows the live app in the app switcher, so you’re right, it’s very handy to be able to see the number plate in the app without actually switching apps. If Evezy can do this for all devices it would be great, but it might be out of their hands. Fingers crossed though :crossed_fingers:t3:

yep that is exactly what I was trying to describe

ive noticed some strange behaviour of the hazard lights since the bluetooth module was fitted last week - they start flashing 3 times when say, im getting out and going to the boot. they will flash over and over in 3 time increments,. bizarre.

Oh no! I’m sorry to hear that. In our experience, when the car has an open door or boot by accident, the hazard lights will flash when you try and lock it. Could this be the issue?

Regardless, I have raised a ticket with our team and they will be in touch today to help you troubleshoot or if needed, send someone out to check out your vehicle.

1 Like

Hello guys. I have got my car last Friday (yay) and the ‘total miles left’ hasn’t moved (even though I used the car twice since for about 30 miles), also the ‘battery left’ seems to be 5% less in the app than it is in the car itself. Any idea why is this happening?

Welcome to our world! Don’t worry ONTO will have an accurate reading. If you need to monitor your mileage, just use the trip meter.

As for the SoC, looks like you’ve got a ZE50 so with it’s large battery 5% isn’t quite as crucial.

2 Likes

Just to add to this. If you want to be able to monitor your charge levels with more accuracy, be sure to install the Renault app on your phone if you haven’t already. This will not only let you check your charge level, but also charging progress when plugged in, as well as the ability to precondition your car with warm or cool air before you set off on a journey.

As above though, nothing to worry about here. It’s a fairly common thing that many of us have experienced before and while the mileage counter may be unpredictable it always seems to be correct and within a mile or two of my own records by the end of the month when it renews.

2 Likes