Error: We were unable to create your booking. Please try again or get in touch

Hi All,

I have now for a few weeks been trying to book an i3, as and when they magically appear on the availability list (not often).
I have just hung up (due to work calls) from being on hold for 45 minutes on the 0800 number to try and address the above error. This is now the 4th call to on.to I have made regarding this over the past few weeks. Apparently originally it was due to my original application having been ‘parked’ and the checks had not been completed, however I have now been on further calls twice with on.to over the past couple of weeks where they have assured me there should be no reason why I now cannot book online, each time, by the time I am able to call (usually later in the day) the car is then no longer available either.
I don’t know if this message means the car actually isn’t available or what else it could be? I don’t want a different vehicle since I have already been able to try a Zoe elsewhere (well I might be tempted to try an I-Pace but apparently “not available” in my area so I can’t even get as far as the booking button - but at least it’s clear that’s an availability issue. )

This error only happens on (what I presume is) the final “confirm and book” button so I don’t want to try it on a vehicle I don’t want. I just wondered if anyone else has had this error so I can understand if its a car issue or my profile.
I am starting to lose the will to persevere with it! On.to CS have always been friendly and helpful but the fact remains I am still not able to book an i3 with them, even when it shows as available.

Of course I accept I’ll have to call up again most likely - but I just wondered if anyone here has had the same error and has any insight.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Sounds like a profile IT issue somewhere. Have you tried from a mobile device or a PC? Maybe try another device type, iOS, android, PC or macOS as I doubt all of them will fail.
Best option is to wait forever on the phone and get onto to book the first available one directly to you manually.

:slight_smile: thanks. yes - different machines, different browsers on different machines, 2 phones - same error. So I guess its down to my profile or the car I am trying to book, or something iffy. I shall jump on the phone again in due course! By which point the i3 will have gone again I am sure - even though it shows as available now!

Just to answer my own question - it took some investigation by on.to but it seems that there is a rouge i3 popping up as available every once in a while, that isn’t actually available - hence the error when I go to book. at least it explains the issue . So I am back to scouring the website daily in case someone returns one again it seems :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be handing my 2020 i3 back if they don’t sort the polar issue out soon, stranded today after 3 broken chargers :-1:t3:

that sounds rubbish - now I will have to google that issue to!

1 Like

Basically Polar/Chargemaster have the most unreliable public charging network, and never answer their phones either, but that is the charging option that ONTO include with the price of your subscription. It’s a bonus if you get a free charge, but not advisable to rely on them. Definitely have a plan B for charging, even if that means it will be at your own expense.

2 Likes

Problem is polar used to be very good, but got bought out by BP and been on the slippery slope since then. Trust the issues bottom out this month and they start to improve in the new year, but that might be wishful thinking.

2 Likes

I’m amused – I also keep checking the booking page and ringing up to swap my current car to the mystery i3 ‘Lodge’ that appears on there sometimes. The agent can’t find the i3 on their system…

1 Like

frustrating - but there is some comfort in the fact I am not the only one

2 Likes

It’s back just to taunt me. unbookable of course…

1 Like

What date are you trying to book it for? On.to had a problem with my booking earlier when I asked for the 3rd February. He tried but couldn’t book it. Then tried the 2nd and it didn’t work either. He put me on hold and managed to book it for the 1st Feb. Apparently they can’t book if it’s more than 6 weeks ahead.

thanks - I have tried it multiple times and I think others have too - this seems to be a rogue car that pops up. I have tried phoning to book it on multiple occasions too and its never bookable. To your question it doesn’t seem to matter when I try online morning, afternoon, earliest or latest date - its just never bookable…shame as I would love to try out on.to but its the only car I am currently interested in

1 Like

just called again to confirm - it’s not available - glitch in the system somewhere!

It’s showing as available if I progress through the Book a Car flow and type in a London or Cambridge post code… But not a Manchester one!

Yes. Now ONTO has expanded they are storing their cars at GEFCO locations around the UK. You have to have the car at your local facility to be able to get one. They no longer come from one central location anymore.

This isn’t a fault, it’s the way their logistics is now set up.

1 Like

When I called yesterday they said that even though the i3 shows as available for me and gives me dates to book online in my location, it still fails at the final booking (as it always has) and on the phone I was told it’s not bookable at all. For a different vehicle (iPace) it specifically provides an error message about not being available at my location online - but customer services on the phone said they could fix that if I am booking the delivery far enough out date-wise, which I guess means they can change location potentially (it may also be a special case because I have been trying to book my first vehicle for so long without success and they are doing their best to get me up and running which I know is also because I am picky on the vehicles I want, which is not on.to’s fault!!!). I should also point out that their CS have always been very helpful on the phone.

1 Like

Don’t count on that. I was promised this by management, who then passed on the request to the bookings team and decided that no it couldn’t be moved, and gave the car I had reserved to someone else and urged me to take anther Zoe instead.

This was for a car that I had been waiting ~18 months for, so either just keep looking around and hope you eventually get one in the online booking system some time down the line, or accept that you may have to pick a different model if you want a car from ONTO Anytime soon.

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep trying on.to as I really like their model and would like to get going with them - I appreciate that it can’t scale if they have to do special requests all over the place! Won’t stop me trying though!! :slight_smile:
In the mean time I am having to look elsewhere for an i3 for now. Surprisingly thrifty long term rentals look like they might get there…

1 Like

Well, just as an update, it seems its worth persevering. I tried booking, on Christmas Day and the booking only went through. I have called to confirm it wasn’t a fluke, and I do have an i3 booked it seems, so that i3 “Mirage Edition” seems to be real :slight_smile: Looking forwards to trying it out end of Jan!

7 Likes