e-Up error message

Morning folks. So far today I’ve had the car cut out on me twice, once at a junction and again waiting on another motorist to reverse from a parking space. First time the MFD just said “start vehicle manually” but second time the red EV light was on along with “towing damages electrical system” and “electrical system fault”

I signed a new agreement on the same car which starts on Saturday 8th but I’m quite worried incase it just stops while driving. Once I get home I’m going to call Driverline but it’s got me quite worried

Definitely call it in to Driverline. But unfortunately there will be a wait for an appointment at the dealer. It may be worth doing a vehicle swap to save this delay and give peace of mind sooner. You’ll probably not get an UP again, but imagine you’ll find a Zoe or an Ioniq within the next couple of weeks easily enough.

2 Likes

Thanks @Koda

There’s 3 Zoe available from next Wednesday. As I’ve already signed and paid the new agreement is it too late to swap?

1 Like

Not at all. Give them a call. Press the option for new customers and they’ll get it sorted out for you.

3 Likes

Customer Service couldn’t have been more helpful when I asked about a swap (just a few days ago, by online chat) - and I, also, had an upcoming agreement that I signed for but they have slick systems to part apportion the difference mid-month, your unused mileage should port across (assuming same tier of car) and I was able to subsidise a bit from some reward I was already building…

So you shouldn’t have any trouble if that’s what you do decide to do.

2 Likes

@K12Beano You’re moving away from your Ioniq?

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t2:

I love it so much, it seems a very unfaithful thing to do…

…but I’m treating myself, possibly just for a few months, because there’s something else I am itching to try and might provide a few additional benefits (main one actually being to see if it’s more comfortable for Mrs Beano - but there are a list of others…), but I will need to live with one to see if it presents as VFM

:wink:

3 Likes

So what are you swapping to next?

1 Like

Oh wow, interested to hear what you will be going to next.

1 Like

I’ll let you know - soon (scheduled Monday) - in another thread!! :wink:

Although you’re all welcome to open a book in the meantime! :rofl::crazy_face: I expect it’s pretty obvious what it will be.

1 Like

Almost think it might be the kona but I feel you needed more space so ID3 seems the most likely guess.

3 Likes

I was thinking those two as well. But judging by @K12Beano being all hush hush I suspect he has been a Hyundai traitor and gone for an iD3 :rofl:

1 Like

So the car was in at VW today. They cleared the fault, plugged whatever Onto has connected to the OBD port back in and it reappeared, so they advised leaving it unplugged to monitor… I’d assume they’d explain to onto/Driverline :thinking:

Never assume anything, where dealerships are involved! I would inform ONTO personally because it’s one of the conditions that their hardware reports back to the mothership. It could also affect the insurance cover.

4 Likes

@E7EV oh yeah, that’s true! Would it be Onto or Driverline I’d get in touch with? They took care of the booking

1 Like

I’d personally say Onto customer service. It’s their car. Driverline are just there for fleet support to coordinate servicing and repairs.

If you call them and press the option for new customers, it will get you through to customer service and they’ll be able to pass you to the right people.

3 Likes

@Koda its been sent to the technical team, the original booking case was closed but the guy I spoke to reopened and added what the dealer said to me. I think he thought I was talking about the dash cam but that appears to be plugged into the fuse box and still operating

1 Like