Do you want to test our Beta app?

As a valued member of the Onto community, we’re happy to share our new app builds with you before they reach our wider userbase. This allows us to test upcoming feature changes and ensure the stability before launch.

You can join our beta program using the instructions below to get exclusive first access to new features from Onto.

This Beta v2.1.7 includes:

• Addition of the Shell Charging Network.
  • Performance enhancements and other bug fixes.

How to join the Beta programme

iOS: Follow the instructions for installing the TestFlight build here.

If you are experiencing problems or wish to leave the Onto Beta Testing Programme:

1. Uninstall the Onto app.
  2. Open the App Store.
  3. Search for “Onto” and install it again

Android: Follow the instructions for installing the Beta build here.

If you are experiencing problems or wish to leave the Onto Beta Testing Programme:

1. Open the Google Play Store.
  2. Find the Onto app.
  3. Tap the app to open the detail page for the app.
  4. Scroll down to find the section on beta testing.
  5. Tap Leave.
  6. Uninstall the app.
  7. The app listing should now show v.2.1.6 again, you are then free to reinstall the app.
1 Like

Thanks @Lily_at_Onto, I’ve downloaded it, although I don’t use the app much now I’ve got the holy grail… (key)

2 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto I downloaded the app but the feature button is disabled and I find that useful so I have reverted to the standard app

Edit - It was just operator error, I have it working fine now in the Beta version

1 Like

It appears I am already beta testing and have had no problems on my Samsung A70. Thanks

2 Likes

All working fine for me.

Would be good if you could update the image used for the i3 though. The one currently used is the old model (and also a USA car).

You could just use the same image you use on the website.

1 Like

Hey everyone! A quick reminder to download the Beta app posted above if you can please :smiley: We’d appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

” When you use Onto - Evezy, your crash logs, usage information and feedback will be sent to Apple and rentE Limited and may be linked to your email address.” Is rentE some old name for Onto or who are they?

It used to be the name of the company behind Evezy before it changed to Onto Holdings. RentE is still a brand used for private hire drivers:

It’s all ONTO/Evezy though. Not an external company or anything like that.

1 Like

Can you do something for my OCD please?

The whole “total XYZ miles left” and “battery XX% 123mi” being in lower case bugs me, isn’t Total and Battery supposed to be capitalised?

2 Likes

This has bugged me for a while: The mileage under the battery percentage ring seems to be just performing an equation based on the cars WLTP. It is not a live estimation like the My Renault and Zeddy app give. If this number is incorrect (and it is wildly out at this time of the year) it largely makes this feature useless tbh.

Edit: It’s based on the ‘Real World’ range not WLTP.

Unfortunately there’s not a lot they can do about that one. They don’t pull the battery level from Renault’s server so it can’t give you the same estimate as the car does based on your driving data.

They pull this information from the OBD device they use. So all they see is the SOC as a percentage. Nothing else. They’ll make the app run an estimate based on fixed data (You may be right about it being WLTP but I haven’t checked) to show you the number that you see.

1 Like

Using the OBD information they could build an estimate of the range based on consumption information. I would provide a couple different numbers (motorway vs. city).

Using the OBD my app currently shows the battery level is 102% in my e208 :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve not seen it on ONTO software, but on other car share kit I’ve installed on cars I’ve seen the ‘fuel’ level report as over 100% before too. Its odd, but seemingly not unusual.

Here’s a BMW i3 which I’ve personally caught stuck at 101% based on an OBD Reading that made the software glitch and stop updating.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I’ve passed on this thread to our tech team to go through it!