Do you want a physical key for your car? Request it here!

Hi everyone,

You talked, we listened! Making sure all our customers have the best experience is our priority, no matter their needs. Therefore physical keys will be supplied with all our cars, as backup!

We want to give you the best of both worlds and don’t want to limit accessibility to features from the manufacturer apps. This will then allow you to access these apps, and will ease the support interactions outside of the Onto environment like servicing, maintenance & repair.

The Onto App will still be a key, it’ll remain our focus and we have a lot of exciting new features planned for the future, so keep your eyes peeled!

If you’re new, the key will be provided with cars delivered from the 9th of April.
If you already have a car, you can request your key here.

You can find more information here under “Do I get a car key?” in the Subscription section.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about it!

With love,

The Onto Team

26 Likes

This is possibly better news than adding a new car to the fleet. THANKYOU ONTO and @Lily_at_Onto!!

6 Likes

I personally love the app as a way of using the car but the key is helpful for some situations like servicing for the BMW where the key stores vehicle data. Great to see both available! Thanks @Lily_at_Onto

4 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto This is excellent news and will make a huge difference to all new subscribers who have been reluctant to get an EV due to some app issues. Think you will see many new subscribers this month :+1:

4 Likes

Wo hoooo :joy:. Very good news

2 Likes

Yay! Keyless entry and no more - key not found! Woop! :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

WOW, amazing to see you’ve taken feedback on board! Thanks

I was spoilt with the E-208 and it was hard to go back to not having the key! Before that, I was very used to the app

(although I don’t need one as I got it with the car)

2 Likes

Best of both. Great news. Ordered.

4 Likes

Amazing news!!! this will make a massive difference :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Key ordered thank you ONTO

2 Likes

EXCELLENT NEWS!
This changes things dramatically, and I think Onto is about to explode in popularity now. Lots of people I talked to were worried and put off by the lack of key. The fact that it’s now given out as standard means its a great option for many more people.

2 Likes

Can I just say well done to those who have been pushing for this, for one reason or another, and well done to Onto for listening, taking it on board and then acting on the feedback.

5 Likes

Excellent, well done ONTO :+1:t2::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

That’s great news, thanks.

With the Zoe40 and Zoe50 I never had any problem just using the app but the ‘no key in vehicle’ is driving me mad with the Ionic.

1 Like

Excellent news! Sounded almost too good to be true - had to check the date again! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Great news for all. I’m so pleased onto have listened. They understand the value of a community like this and are addressing key issues (pun intended) that are raised by their most valuable asset, their members who champion and promote the service.

1 Like

Amazing onto! Iv ordered mine should have them within 15 days excited!

1 Like

I Don’t want to pour cold water on this fire of good news… But last time Onto launched a webform for lots of people to order things it was for the free merch. I Don’t think ANYONE got what they ordered, and especially not in the right sizing. I Can’t help but worry that things are about to descend into chaos with the wrong keys being delivered to the wrong people!

1 Like

I got the sweatshirts I ordered, in the correct size, it’s just that the sizing was fairly snug… at least that’s my excuse.

3 Likes

Excellent. I’ve had mega app/connection issues this year so this is great news.

Also, every time I’ve had a car go off for repair or maintenance the garage have had access issues. Last time it took a week for the BMW garage to gain access to my i3!

1 Like