Damage report and invoice for over £700 caused by previous owner!

Hey all,

Posting here as I’ve not had a reply back from support via email, and have been on hold via the phone for longer than I care to wait for.

I was sent a damage report and invoice for over £700 worth of damages from before I took ownership of the Car. I guess the previous owner didn;t care much for the car. Anyway, I’ve only had the car a few days, got it on the 9th of September.

The Case Number is apparently: CS013BD6 and you are going to charge my card on file within 7 days!
Clearly, this is a mix-up, but this shouldn’t happen, and I shouldn’t have to waste my time sorting this out. Not a great start…

Can anyone here help with getting this resolved ASAP, so I don’t get charged?

Cheers!

You need to call on.to asap and explain this to them. You will get a faster response that way.

flagging @George_at_Onto and @Hena_at_Onto

Thanks for all your help. I just got an email confirming it was a “system error” — Phew :sweat_smile:

Certainly not a great start to joining ONTO, but at least it’s been resolved and the car is great (VW ID 3)!

Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

HI @SuperSoul

I do apologise for the jump scare we’ve given you there, and the time taken to resolve it! I can see the case has now been closed down and marked as incorrectly raised too.

Glad to hear that you’re enjoying the car, always good to have another ID3 fan!

2 Likes

No problem, thanks @George_at_Onto :+1:

1 Like