Citroen e-C4 real-world range query

Good day everyone,
Happy new year and all that funky stuff. As someone who has gone through a Zoe ZE50, Kona Ultimate and now an Ioniq, I am looking for something quieter and more refined but which isn’t going to break the bank or make me feel ill looking at the amount of rent I have sat on the driveway when I’m not using it and I’d been thinking about changing to the Citroen e-C4.
However, all the reviews implied the range was terrible, so for those of you who were either brave or lucky enough to have one, how have you found the range especially over the recent ‘cold’ weather? Is it really as bad as they say or have you been pleasantly surprised?
Just for the record, I found that I could regularly get 190-200 from the Zoe, 250-260 from the Kona and around 150 to 160 in the Ioniq. My usage is generally local stuff during the week (maybe 20-30 miles daily and hence the comment about it being sat on the driveway) or exploring at the weekend (150-300 miles on the Saturday).
Many thanks in advance,

Scott…

1 Like

I tend to average around 3.2m/kWh at the moment, so that’s 144m of range. Over the life of the car (since October) I’ve averaged 3.7m/kWh, so 166.5m of range.

However, I do tend to have the car in Eco mode 80% of the time. I probably have a mix of around 50/50 motorway/local driving and usually have the heater on or heated seat(s).

Saying that a lot of others seem to get closer to 100m of range at the moment, so it all depends on you. For comparisons sake to your quoted ranges, I would get around 180m out of my Ioniq but admittedly I had that April-July.

1 Like

I have the Kona so used to 240+, however my wife started with the Peugeot e2008 which has the same battery pack as the Citroen. She managed about 6 weeks before throwing the towel in and changed to the ID.3.

In cold weather, she was lucky to get 100 miles and miles indicated were nothing like what you actually have. For example, the Kona displays accurate miles and if you turn on the heaters/AC, it recalculates the remaining miles in real time

The Peugeot’s and Citroen are great looking cars but battery’s are only good for city driving

4 Likes

Citroen is a great car, none of them about on the road and people do ask what car it is…… but forget it.
This battery is pissing me off. I’m generally getting around 75-85 miles to a full charge currently. It’s not my primary car - it gets used about 10 miles a day if that. I’m averaging 2.2-2.4
When it was warmer weather (when it was first delivered over 15 degrees) I was getting around 180-200 a full charge so about 4.6-4.8. Anything below 10 degrees and this car suffers big time, like the e-2008 and e-208 - funnily enough as they’re all the same car underneath! So get it from April to October LOL then swap back to the Kona or Zoe during the winter months. I personally can’t wait to get rid of it, only thing stopping me is again available cars like most people.

4 Likes

Thank you for your responses @Tomahawx , @GaRic448 and @Sifmode . They are all most appreciated.
I have to say your responses reinforce what I’d read, and given that I only get around 160miles out of the Ioniq (down to 120 at 70 on the motorway) in the current temperatures, I don’t think I’ll be changing to one soon.
It’s a shame as the styling and ground clearance do make it a slightly better car in these conditions, but the shite powertrain and battery are a big no-no, and as someone who took an Ioniq on a 430 mile run last Saturday (Birmingham to Portsmouth to Brighton and back to Brum), finding on.to chargers became a tad interesting and having to stick to 60mph on the motorways simply to boost the range was horrendous, and I don’t think I’d have the patience to try that in the Citroen as comfy as it is.

3 Likes

Kinda surprised that you only get 120 miles out of the kona. I have kona too, did a trip to Scotland end of December last year and got 250 miles out of it on motorway speeds (70mph using cruise control) and temperatures of -1 and -2. Heating on at 23 degrees.

3 Likes

Hi @Pranjal , oops on my part and thank you for pointing it out - I meant to say Ioniq (which is now corrected).
Yes the Kona I had was brilliant for range and I would agree on the 250 miles at least (280 if you do 65) but it is a bit of a small car and a struggle to get people in the back and stuff in the boot. That is something the Ioniq does score on, but I do miss the oomph, comfort, drivability and range of the Kona.

4 Likes

Hahah no worries. Yeah was a bit shocked for a moment. True kona isn’t the biggest for space. Its just the two of us so we don’t mind it. More than sufficient for us but can understand for families it might be small.

4 Likes