Charging etiquette

Right so just wondering if anyone has any tips on what I can do

I have a local BP pulse rapid (that has never let me down somehow) that I use.

Someone keeps leaving their EV plugged in well past 100% for atleast 4-5 hours a day mon-fri

The CCS is always locked into their EV which is issue 1, and issue 2 is they use the bay I need to for charging as the cable isn’t long enough.

I’ve tried leaving a polite note on their windshield which has been completely ignored.

@ajames try speaking with the site owners maybe?

1 Like

BP Pulse do charge for overstay, anything over 90 mins, so on a 5 hr stay they’ll be paying £35 overstay plus charge costs, if they do this daily Mon-Fri I’m sure they’ll realise this is not a good idea soon enough when they look at their account.

3 Likes

I’d love to see their face… :wink:

2 Likes

The charging unit does allow someone else to tap their card and start a charge, the CCS is just locked into his ev

I’m assuming they aren’t charging him cause he’s been doing it for a month now

the car park is 3 hours max stay, i’ve tried contacting the council but it’s not an anpr car park so they’ve been useless

1 Like

Sad that some people are so thoughtless.
Try putting a realistic looking PCN on the car windscreen, with suitable outrageous charges.

2 Likes

I think the problem with BP Pulse chargers is that once a car has finished charging it doesn’t count as connected anymore so doesn’t incur the overstay fees.

I may have to consider this, and just leaving multiple polite sticky notes

1 Like

The other option being a BP Pulse charger it may be broken (most are :joy: ) and he might have been locked in place for the last month unable to leave! - Poor guy!

2 Likes

It’s a shame cause its the only BP unit, since day 1 of ONTO i’ve not had a single issue with, and even the power delivery is always full

I assume he has figured this out if that’s the case.

Wow - that’s unbelievably ridiculous! I thought this was bad.

3 Likes

Am I being blind? They only stayed charged for 30 minutes or so? That said I’m not sure why you’d charge to 100%

Wait, just saw the time in the upper right corner…

Photo taken at 18:15 (time in top right corner)

Charging completed at 17:32

It was still actually there when I left at 18:38….

1 Like

Think I’ve been to that charger. Is it in Gloucester?

1 Like

Yes - that’s right

1 Like

A little disappointed as when I arrived another vehicle was already charging and so I didn’t get more than 60kW as the power is shared between the two chargers. Better than 50kW though.

My parents live in Gloucester so the addition of these two InstaVolt sites is most welcome. We usually go to a Toby Carvery with a BP Pulse rapid nearby which means I can charge up for the return journey while eating!

2 Likes

Should do the old industrial cling Film wrap job I do to unsuspecting ICE users who block rapid chargers…… ok, I’ve only done it twice and with 3 helping hands. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
See how quickly they won’t be using that charger again after it happens a few times.

I thought BP chargers stopped “talking” to the car at 100% and shutdown the machine, thus released the cable. I know it does on my local BP charger as I unplugged an ID3 that had been on 100% for 45 minutes. Got fed up of waiting.

2 Likes