Charge Networks

Hey,

With all the charge network partnerships and what not, it can be somewhat confusing for newbies like me.

Does someone have a list of all the charge networks we have access to with Onto so I can configure ZapMap?

1 Like

This is the most recent I have seen on the forum:

Would be good if we had sticky topics and could update this over time.

3 Likes

I think this is the latest list:

CYC (Charge Your Car)
BP Pulse
Instavolt
Shell Recharge
New Motion
Alfa Power
Chargepoint
Char.gy
E-Flux
ESB
EV Box
EVDriver
Fastned
Franklin LiFE
Grønn Kontakt
Has To Be
Ionity
LastMileSolutions
Osprey
Vattenfall
Virta

2 Likes

The one that SDMR Linked above you was a slightly more recent posting of mine. It’s added the one other network (Hubsta), and also covered the name change of another network (From Grønn Kontakt to Mer.)

Subject to someone checking it out, it may be that we can also add Ubitricity to this list too. As another member noticed recently, their chargepoints have also started to show up in the Shell/NewMotion app.

1 Like

I might see if I can give this a go tomorrow night, no promises though, work has a habit of running away at the moment! If not tomorrow then the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would appear it works:

https://community.on.to/t/shell-and-ubitricity

2 Likes

We need a sticky with this list.

1 Like

Is the polar network covered by onto ?

It changed its name (again) and is now BP Pulse, as included in the list.

@Koda. I thought so. I tried the bp pulse card but got invalid card. Looking at reviews I haven’t been the only one. Bad experience trying to find a charge point in Leicester.

First set - half were taken and the rest out of order.
Second set were domestic 3 pin chargers. Didn’t think it would be worth it.
Third - didn’t accept bp card.

Didn’t charge in the end. Would have been nice to top up while shopping.

Yeah that’s a fairly common occurrence. And if you are lucky enough to get it to start charging it will hold your cable hostage and you’ll spend close to a hour on hold to customer service to get it released.

BP is useless in my opinion. Best avoided and if there’s absolutely any other network in the area then they should be tried first.

1 Like

@Koda thank you. I’m looking to use InstaVolt mainly but not many of these around tbh.

I had a good charge with a newer 150kw np pulse charger last night with no problems.

I find ubitricty tend to be in resident parking areas. Not sure if I’m allowed to use it unless I’m a resident?
Would be very useful if I could.

How do you link the shell app with the shell card we are given?

Go to My Account option then Charge Cards and add a card (I think thats how I did it) :older_man:

great cars - shame the charging infrastructure is designed to prevent their usage…

I’ve re-grouped the network list above by card ready for a trip next week. Please let me know if I made any mistakes.

*Edited - with thanks to @E7EV

Shell Recharge Card
Alfa Power
Chargepoint
Char.gy
E-Flux
Engenie (aka Osprey)
ESB
EV Box
EVDriver
Fastned
Franklin LiFE
Grønn Kontakt (aka Mer)
Has To Be
Hubsta
Ionity
LastMileSolutions
Mer
NewMotion
Osprey
Ubitricity - Use the Shell App
Vattenfall UK
Virta

Instavolt Card

BP Pulse Card
CYC (Charge Your Car)
Chargemaster
Polar

Not included with OnTo Subscription
CPS (Charge Place Scotland)
Ecotricity
Geniepoint
Source London

4 Likes

ESB and Alfa Power is with the Shell Card.
CPS, Geniepoint and Source London not included with the BP Pulse/Polar Card.
Engenie now called Osprey.

1 Like

Is ‘ESB’ both the ‘ESB Cars’ and ‘ESB energy’ options on zapmap?

ESB Energy is what you’ll find in England and you can use your Shell card. ESB eCars is the Irish network, which I don’t believe is included, although unless things have changed recently I think they are free to use anyways.

2 Likes

Can someone confirm something for a noobie.

With all those listed providers under each card, do you start a charge simply by scanning the card on the terminal or do partners need an app to start charge? For example, Osprey under the shell card.

1 Like