Car in for repair - 14 days so far & no replacement

Was having a great experience with Onto right up to the point when someone drove into the back of me…

Car has now been in for repair for 14 days (so far) and doesn’t look like I will be getting it back in anytime soon. I am currently paying £1300 per month for an Audi Etron and the garage have provided me with a Vauxhall Corsa that has seen better days.

I contacted Onto prior to the repair and informed them that the garage had let me know it would take more than 7 days to repair and that as per the T&Cs I would need a replacement vehicle. I was told someone would get back to me within 24/48 hours. That was nearly 3 weeks ago.

As difficult as it has been not being able to drive to the office (as it has EV only parking) or visiting clients as it is not appropriate in the Corsa - the most annoying part is paying £1300 and not having the vehicle. So far it is 2 weeks but I have no idea how much longer. Seriously wondering whether I should call it quits and cancel the agreement at the end of the month and let Onto collect the car from the garage as I definitely don’t want to be paying £1300 into next month for a Corsa that I won’t be driving.

I would have expected a replacement vehicle to be provided - but if that was not possible then I would not expect to be paying the subscription fee whilst the car is in for repair either. I appreciate it is not Onto’s fault how long the repair takes but as no replacement vehicle has been provided I would not expect to pay £1300 either (or £650 for the 2 weeks so far I have not had the vehicle)

The accident was no fault from my side - could Onto not claim for the subscription fee from the other party rather than expecting me to pay it when I don’t actually have access to the vehicle?

Sorry just extremely frustrated that I’m paying so much money and don’t have the car…

2 Likes

Flagging @Hena_at_Onto to look into this for you. It’s certainly my understanding that if you are to lose use of a vehicle for more than a week then it should be replaced with an equivalent model.

3 Likes

Hi @Fas I hope you’re well. I’m sorry to hear about the problem you’re having here. As @E7EV has said, if the vehicle is under repair for more than a week, we would definitely be looking to replace your vehicle so that you can continue your subscription without worrying about the repairs. I’ll get this looked into for you ASAP so I can see what’s happened and one of our team (if not me) will reach out to you as soon as we have an update. I do apologise for the trouble caused to you, but leave it with me and I’ll make sure it’s sorted as quickly as possible!

5 Likes