Can you save chargepoints to a map anywhere?

So for a newbie to electric cars. Is there a way to save favourite charge points to a map or to grey out polar chargers already viewed, that I don’t want to use?

In central london, for instance there are a number of polar chargers in underground car parks which I don’t want to use. If there was a way I could grey out the ones in car parks and keep the on street ones that would be helpful. I know Zap map has a function for on street, I have found not all the polar chargers are on it, or some of the polar ones turn out to be etaxis. It would be helpful to have a custom version of polar map, easy to see new chargers added and either click on or off if I want to save it to my own map.

1 Like

Zap Map has a “bookmark” function. When viewing a charge point, you can click the bookmark icon that appears on the photo/banner. You can then return to the main map and view only your bookmarked charge points by clicking on the icon in the top right corner. Not sure if that helps?

3 Likes

As mentioned by @sdmr easiest thing is probably to use the Zap Map filter to select Polar and then filter in/out anything else to meet your requirements and finally bookmark all those that you’re happy with. Also worth checking out local free Pod Point chargers in places like Tesco & some shopping malls.

3 Likes

@sdmr and @lsb777 Thank you both so much will start to do that. I didn’t know there were free pod points will look into how to use those too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi. If you go into the filter on Zap Map and select free of charge, most are probably Pod Point but at least you can see them. Maybe also filter for 7kW to speed things up.

2 Likes

@lsb777 Many thanks for this info, I looked up the map and visited my first free podpoint at a Tesco today. I was only able to give it a quick try out as the app the podpoint hung during installing but it was OK once I got home.

1 Like