Can I arrange my own tyre replacement?

Hey everyone.

I had a tyre puncture Sunday morning. Called Driverline and service came by to pump air in my tyre and drive with me to my home as it was nearby. Driverline was to arrange an appointment for mobile tyre fitting. Was asked if Monday for replacement was fine as it was available. I said yes. Monday has come and gone and no appointment has been set. I have called several times and each time they have told me to just wait for an email. If I check online for tyres on the drive, I can book online for Wednesday. I probably could have booked for Monday or Tuesday if I had done it yesterday. I am worried if I keep waiting that this will just go on for awhile and it will be a long time before I get an appointment. Can I book myself and have the exact same tyre replaced through the appointment I make?

@Adam_at_Onto, @Raheel_at_Onto, @matt_at_Onto, @Hena_at_Onto - sorry to include all of you but it seems you are the ones that everyone is referred to for most of the issues experienced by customers. Could you please let me know?

In the meantime, I was told by Onto CS that I could use public transportation and claim the expenses back. This is great but still a hassle and I prefer to have the car already operational.

Hi @Kenzo I hope you’re doing well.

I’m sorry to hear about the tyre puncture not being resolved for you today. If our Tyreline team are unable to book anything in for you soon, you are more than welcome to book an appointment of your own. As long as you do a like for like tyre replacement, that is perfectly fine.

However, in the meantime, we can help cover any expenses for public transportation, so please do hold on to any receipts/invoices. If you face any problems with this or need help with anything else, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.

4 Likes

Thank you @Hena_at_Onto. Will make sure about the like for like replacement, if I end up sorting it out myself.

1 Like