It wasn’t during covid restrictions. Now that restrictions are over you may be able to, though from what I have seen the dealerships still don’t like people hanging around, and still haven’t reverted to supervised test drivers or anything as of yet so who knows.
When you book in with i247/Driverline they send you a confirmation email, and attach a copy of Onto’s car insurance policy certificate if you have requested a courtesy car. They give you instructions to print out the certificate and also print your drivers license summary and check code to show the dealership and permit the release of the courtesy car.
In theory the policy covers you for the courtesy car but because the certificate is so vague the dealer didn’t like it in my case and I was given temporary insurance from them instead.
Vehicle Appointment Confirmation
Thank you for making your appointment through Driverline. This email contains information you should read and check prior to your appointment date and time. If any requirements have changed, or you need to speak to us, please call your Driverline and select the option for service booking.
On the day option: Your courtesy car will be available for collection from the garage below
Please arrive at the garage between 08:30 and 10:00 collect after 16:30
Drop Off Time: 08:30 - 10:30
The earlier the vehicle is at the garage the greater chance of completion that day
Return Time: 16:30 - 17:30
Garage should call upon completion
Name: Evans Halshaw Renault / Dacia Sunderland
Garage Address: Wessington Way
Tyne and Wear
Telephone No: 0191 5165300
Should you wish to make any changes to your appointment please call your Driverline
Name: Koda XXXX
Contact Telephone No:
Contact Mobile No: XXXXXXXXXXX
If unavailable on the day, please ensure we have alternative contact details, should the garage need to speak with you
Contract Type: CH Maintained
Registration Number: XXXXXXX
Vehicle Manufacturer: Renault
Vehicle Description: Zoe Ze50 Gt Line R135 Electric Automatic
Prior to your appointment please:
Let Driverline know at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to attend the appointment, as the garage will have kept the appointment slot free for your vehicle.
Check the details of the work required and ensure everything is included, as the garage may not be able to look at other issues on the day. Please be aware that dealerships may not order parts until they have completed their diagnosis of the vehicle.
If your car is booked for an MOT, please ensure that it is roadworthy and legal, should you require tyres please call your Tyreline.
On the day of your appointment please:
Leave your locking wheel nut key (if applicable) and service book on the passenger seat.
For your own security remove any valuable items from your vehicle.
Ensure your boot is clear to allow the garage to check your spare wheel (where appropriate).
Be aware that on the day the garage may find issues not originally communicated to them or have to wait for parts to be delivered in order to complete repairs. This may mean your vehicle cannot be returned to you on the same day, we will do our utmost to return your vehicle as soon as possible.
Important information for Courtesy Vehicles
- Please take your driving licence, access code and a copy of your fully comprehensive insurance to cover the use of the courtesy car.
- You can obtain the access code from www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence in advance of your appointment, to enable the garage to validate your driving licence prior to providing you with the courtesy vehicle.
- Please be aware that the code will only be valid for 21 days from issue, so do not attempt to obtain the code more than 21 days prior to appointment.
- Changes made from 8 June 2015 in GB to the paper counterpart of driving licenses does not affect driving licenses issued by DVA in NI. NI licenses still require both the plastic photocard and paper counterpart and copy of insurance to be taken to the garage for use of the courtesy car.
How Do I Obtain My Access Code?
- Log on to www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Access ‘View now’
- Enter your driving licence number
- Enter your National Insurance number
- Enter your Postcode
- Tick box
- Press ‘View now’
- Select ‘Share Driving Licence’ (top right-hand corner)
- Press ‘Create a code’
- Take the ‘Unique Code’ with you to the garage on the day, please ensure you also take the ’Photocard’ and proof of insurance
Please do not reply to this email using the address above; it will not be answered. For any changes please call your Driverline and select the option for service booking.