BMW iX3 new for 2021

I’d love an iX3
Any plans for ONTO to add a couple to their fleet next year?

It’s not made by Renault so I wouldn’t hold your breath :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I had 2 Renault’s when I was a kid they were the worst cars ever! They turned me into the badge snob I am today :joy:
Shoddily made, fell apart and broke down all the time. Never again.
On.to need to up their game. They obviously can’t get Tesla’s so what’s left?
Add some Jag’s and couple Audi’s ? I’d love to try the Mercedes EVQ? Is it?

It’s a subscription service I want to enjoy the freedom of swapping cars every now and again.
Also it’s clear from posts on another forum the longer you keep the car more change of getting hit with a bill after you hand it back

2 Likes

See Bjorn’s channel for the other tests that he usually does.

3 Likes
2 Likes

facelifted model looks closer to a X5 now

1 Like

In terms of an SUV/SAV style car; for me this is perfect. It looks comfortable, refined, like a BMW, just with the drive being Electric. Range is alright, not amazing but alright (I think he said ~480km WLTP, which is approx 300mi)

150kW charging is nice, be interesting to see if they carried over much of the awesomeness from the i3 (one pedal driving, solid charging curve up to >90% SoC etc)

Are there any real world reviews of the i4 btw? Am guessing this will basically be the “SUV” version of that.

1 Like

It’s funny you say that, over the years I’ve had 6 VAG cars (2 VW, 1 Skoda, 2 Seat, 1 Audi), 2 BMW’s and I considered myself a German only car man but I’ve recently just got a Zoe ZE50 from ONTO and to be honest the build quality is pretty good, its not too plastic (soft touch dashboard etc) and feels pretty solid, don’t get me wrong it was brand new, you could even still see the suction marks on the windscreen from the production line :laughing: so how it would hold up in 3,5,10 years I don’t know but I’m not keeping it that long so I can’t argue with it.

I think a lost of manufactures have stepped their game up over the last few years, however I did once had a brand new Dacia Sandero as a courtesy car, it had 150 miles on but drove like it had 150k miles on it, creaked, hard bland plastic everywhere etc and they are part of Groupe Renault so they can still do shoddy :+1:

3 Likes

When I hear the name’s Audi or BMW, i just think expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, and a lot of them you get more tech in a low end Skoda…

1 Like
2 Likes

Why does it look like its wearing sun glasses…:dark_sunglasses:

Trouble is the cars you mention are very expensive and they should be focusing on lower and mid range cars to encourage more subscribers. Perhaps they could launch On.to Prestige for a range of cars that are in that bracket but most people want to try an EV for the first time and affordability is usually the driver.

1 Like

Not sure if you are referring to my postings, I post able things I like and find interesting, and from polls I am sure most people here would still like to see what is on offer be it budget, mid, Prestige or even ultra prestige, a bit patronising thinking people here can not decide on what they want to read or watch because they may not be able afford it, the whole EV experience takes understanding hence the forum and the different people that comprise of it and their views.

1 Like

I wasn’t being patronising and the post was reply to Pinky_Ponk as shown in the post but I’ll leave it at that.

An interesting review…

2 Likes