Battery Level on app

Hi folks.

I’ve just had my Zoe delivered and the Onto app isn’t showing the battery level. Any ideas?

Are you using the App to lock/unlock rather than the key? You need to do this a few times so that the car communicates with the app.

1 Like

Yes I have used the app to unlock/lock but only once as yet. So it’ll take a few uses to completely sync with the car?

Yes. Is the mileage correct?

1 Like

Not as yet. The mileage hasn’t changed and the battery notification still hasn’t updated.

I’ve paired the Renault app also and that works okay and has synchronised showing vehicle status and battery etc.

Mine took between 24-48 hours for the mileage to start updating correctly (taking mileage off my balance), however the balance itself appears incorrect, and currently waiting to hear back from Onto on this.
It’s a shame they can’t show you a breakdown of the mileage done per day on your account, as they must have access to this data.

The battery status works although this morning after charging the Onto App shows up as 2% less than the Renault App or vehicle itself.

The battery status in the ONTO app is a “nice to have” but, for the most accurate and up-to-date reading, I’d always use the Renault app (or an alternative app which uses the same API; “Zeddy”, for example).

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve seen 102% a couple of times on the e-208. Could be a Stellantis peculiarity.

1 Like

Ditto, for some reason the Onto app doesn’t correctly report the SOC battery accurately for the Zoe and is some way off.
I never use the app, (have used to see if data updates correctly but it never has) physical key only.
Using the Onto App would be emergency use only case, if ever needed for us.

2 Likes

Am I right in thinking that I have to use the Onto app as part of the subscription, ie it’s compulsory?

I only ask because the Renault app is far superior in my opinion. It syncs in real time and is 100% accurate.

If it’s not a requirement of the subscription to use the app I can’t see the benefit of using it, or in my case trying to get it to sync which after 24 hours I have failed to do.

Thoughts?

No you dont have to use it…

But I would use it a few times a month just to see if data updates… I log into mine once a week just to check the data syncs…

4 Likes

You can use both apps withought any problems. The Renault App is great for Preconditioning the car before driving. Can take a while to set up and get it and the car connected to the Remote Server’s at Renault. I miss not having an app with my current MG5👴

3 Likes

The new MG5 is connected so you will have the app with that. Arr you considering getting the new one? Or any other MG cars?

1 Like

Yes waiting to long term lease the new MG5 once available. Sticking with current Zoo subscription until then. Its a shame they have stopped subscriptions as I have enjoyed my time with them (not as much as ONTO).:older_man:

2 Likes

the App is a tad tedious with rarely near correct info, what would be a great improvement would be the oddometer reading they are using to calculate the remaining miles, again live…otherwise the remaining miles is pure speculation and can catch u out when going on a touring holiday believing u have enough credit - unfortunately most staff cannot interpret their stats well enough to provide these 2 vital pieces of info either

This problem resulted in an exceptionally time consuming debacle of many months…fortunately recently resulted to my complete satisfaction

1 Like

After 5 days of using the app to unlock/lock car it still hasn’t updated. The mileage allowance hasn’t reduced and the battery level is still showing 0%.

When I took delivery of the car last Tuesday it had 114 miles and it’s now on 222 miles so I’ve done 108 miles. So out of a total of 750 miles allowed I have 642 miles left. It’s accurate and I’m confident in that but will it tally up with Onto’s data, who knows.

1 Like

Is it a brand new Zoe, or slightly used?
Either way it’s worth checking with Onto and get them to see if the telematics are working from their perspective. If not sometimes they can do some remote tests or update.

Make sure you keep track of your mileage (take a photo) at least monthly on the subscription renewal date so you have categoric evidence of what your usage is.

1 Like

It’s brand new. I took a photo of the odometer reading upon delivery and will take another on the renewal day. Although I’m not sure how much weight a photo would carry regarding dates etc.

1 Like

It helps onto and you, and if date stamped via the EXIF data is as good a proof as the data in the App.

3 Likes