App problems

Using the Beta app and it is recording the battery level, but not the mileage.
Have deleted app, used old version, same problem, now back on Beta.
Used the app to lock and drive 18mile this morning and locked with app.
Battery level updated but mileage once again did not.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

Email ONTO with the problem. I also have this issue with my new 71 plate Zoe GT Line. My email has been refered to technical team about 2 weeks ago and a case number issued. No resolution as yet. I always use the app not the key so it’s not caused by usage of the app. Its most likely on-board equipment not the app. I have kept a full record of my mileage and allowances and if not resolved soon I will start emailing mileage updates quoting my case number. Don’t find it a problem, it will get sorted eventually. :older_man:

3 Likes

Well - oddly - my app appears to be updating battery level, but mileage remaining doesn’t seem to have updated for a few days either.

I noted this a few days back, on another thread, but haven’t really been paying too much attention since…

Will start paying more attention over the next few days now.

3 Likes

Yes @K12Beano my app does update the battery also. Also if I go to my ONTO web page this shows zero miles driven this month so my Zoe is not updating ONTO systems.:older_man:

Hi @Jimmi & @K12Beano - As @Grandadgeorgec has suggested, please do get in touch with our Customer Service Team in the first instance - as it could be any number of issues causing the problem - each model also responds differently to our kit - so different solutions depending on what you’re driving

2 Likes

My APP only shows battery on the ID3. It only updates mileage if I leave the key at home and only use the APP, which I don’t want to do. I don’t do 1000 miles a month so no need for me to track anyway.

2 Likes

Might leave key at home tomorrow to try that, I also will never reach 1000, more likely to be about 400-500 a month in winter

1 Like

@MisterOaks and @Jimmi have you checked the website to see if your monthly mileage is showing up?:older_man:

Will do - I’ll check tomorrow what it’s doing / make sure I have as much information as possible to feedback!

(I did move the car earlier without key present, and maybe I’ll try that one again too)

1 Like

ID.3 too we spit our usage (my missus only uses key, I only use app) so its hard to tell. my car had changed colour a few days back to the wrong colour though. not that it matters but something must have updated

1 Like

Yep mine also switched to the Turquoise coloured car in the app (ID.3). I don’t use the app very much, though.

2 Likes

same as that. I probably wouldn’t have noticed but it nearly blends in with the onto background… I think I am the only one who actually prefers the app!! (but I am not the main driver)

2 Likes

Still no joy with mileage updating, Left key at home drove car and open and locked with app, still not updated, so contacted Onto CS.

1 Like

Check that the Onto unit is lighting up to see if it is active.

I contacted CS and they pushed an update to it. Not sure what it was or what it did, but hopefully it sorts yours out.

2 Likes

Contacted Onto Customer Service and they have passed it on to the Opps team to look at.

Is the Onto unit the dashcam bit? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes. It’s not just a dashcam, it’s plugged into the ODB port of the car so it can read the car data for the APP and lock/unlock. There should be 3 lights on it when the car is on.

3 Likes

@MisterOaks thanks did see a bank of about 5 lights the last time I looked, I green and 3/4 were red, will look proper next time I’m out

1 Like

Now the app is not even giving the correct battery level, still waiting on Onto Opps to get back to me.
Not that it matters that much as I can now freely use the key :grinning:

2 Likes

@Jimmi I expect there’s an Onto elf working away like a mad swan plugging and unplugging stuff and turning bits and bobs off and on again and scratching his or her head going “it all worked, last month”!

I reported yesterday, but assured I don’t see it as urgent from my end - but it might be entertaining now I bought some extra mileage packages to see my total miles left keeping so high - LEJOG, or even All 4 Points road trips anyone…:red_car::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::clown_face::man_shrugging:t2:

Mileage hasn’t updated in a week or so, but battery level seems to be updating up to last night… iPhone on iOS15.2, and I’m just wondering if it coincided with that last iOS update (which I tend to be on the day the release is issued…)

3 Likes

Won’t be iOS problem as it is also not updating on Onto website.
I will not be over 500 miles never mind 1000 so not worried :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like