Anyone else getting load loop on the app?

When I open the ONTO app, it opens and closes in a split second, it suggests to clear cache and that doesn’t help.

(Android 12, Samsung S21, App Version 3.4.0)

(Probably one for @Ayman_at_Onto)

2 Likes

I have seen that with other Apps usually after an update from Google to Android…

But not seeing it on the Beta App on my Sony Xperia Pro-I ( Android 11 )

3 Likes

I’m getting this same issue. Android 12, S21 Ultra. If I uninstall and reinstall then it works for a bit then the loop starts again with the app closing as soon as its open.

When the issue happens, I note the app says it has an authentication error when I open it

3 Likes

Yes I am getting this. Only solution I have is uninstall/reinstall. Tried clearing cache and all data from app first and reboot phone etc no joy.:older_man:

Edit. Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy S21.:older_man:

1 Like

Thanks for the note here @Kev. We’ve seen a few issues come through on Android 12 with a recent update Google update and we’re investigating. I’ll update when I know more.

3 Likes

Whoops, didn’t mean to disturb you out of hours :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Seems many ONTO subscribers have a good choice in mobile device (S21) :joy::+1:

4 Likes

As you both also have S21 phones, any of you had Android Auto issues? It’s super slow and laggy on my Ioniq. Was fine on my previous 2017 Ioniq with the non-widescreen system. I’ve purchased an A series phone specifically for the car and it works fine

1 Like

Not at all ! I do enjoy an evening peruse of the community to keep up on everything going on in the Onto world! :smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like Samsung are introducing bugs to Android 12 (again) although to be fair if you read the bug reports in Android 12

And this is one of the ones on the list…

1 Like

I’ve had laggy Kona AA issues, I thought it was a Kona issue, rather than a S21 issue :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Think it’s the S21. I googled it and seems the infotainment system in the Kona/Ioniq doesn’t play well with the S21. I asked Samsung if I could trade in my phone early but downgrade to the Z Flip 3 but got told no :frowning:

So the A, 52? Will have to be my Android Auto daily driver.

That and the ONTO app issue are my only complaints with this phone though

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, if anyone is experiencing these crashes and is prompted to send a crash report (or feedback), we’d appreciate if you could submit that as it’ll give us more data to help understand what may have gone wrong with this new version of Android.

Many thanks!

5 Likes

I’m getting that as well. On the S21 Ultra as well with android 12. The app has pretty much become useless for me. Have to use my wife’s phone to track miles or use the website.

1 Like

Sorry about this @Pranjal - we’re holding this as a very high priority to identify the root cause

2 Likes

Seems to have been fixed now?

Great work @Ayman_at_Onto

1 Like

I can still see it happening intermittently on my own device so I don’t think we’re fully over the issues yet, but again, will keep you informed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a problem uploading damage reports on the app @Ayman_at_Onto, using iOS 15.1.1 on a 13pro

@Sacha

I would suggest opening a new thread, as this is about Android 12 issues or contact customer services and emailing the details to Onto - [email protected]

1 Like

@mozzauk @Sacha - I see the logic of opening a new thread for a different issues… but… just in case this is wider issue…and even though I’m also in iPhone running iOS15.2:

My app seems to have been a bit “laggy” over the last few days in updating… and I’ve just locked the car knowing I have about 65-66% charge after this morning’s drive, but the app is still showing yesterday’s miles and battery…

{I mean, I’m going to leave it alone and assume it’ll catch up - but that’s just for info incase of any wider issue… :clipboard:)

Thanks @Sacha - we can see this popping up on our end for some iOS users. Looking at it seeing how we can find a fix as we speak.

2 Likes