"All New" MG 4 ! Will It Be Good, or Great?

An MG will never outshine a Peugeot, whatever the colour :wink:

As reported in another thread, I was recently offered complimentary refreshments while charging at a Porsche Centre. I’m sure the member of staff thought I had a baby Taycan!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Whats the max charging speed on the MG4? I read somewhere 125kw. Is that true?

1 Like

That’s what EV Database says.

3 Likes

MGs appear surprisingly well built - I would happily accept an MG5 LR as a Zoe (which I love)alternative

3 Likes

Oh yes definitely preferable to a Renault, just not a Peugeot :wink:

2 Likes

wish the 208Gt was just a little…more…

1 Like

…more value, more range, more performance …then it would be a real winner :slight_smile:
Looks great and could be the ‘go to’ (like Zo for range and value) warm EV Hatch

25% more range and acceleration with a £22k price tag before the year is out would be a winner

3 Likes

I think a revision on all five Stellantis Rash cars currently available could make any of them great - not just a deviant mod, a proper makeover of battery and efficiency…

1 Like

Hopefully improving battery technology will mean they will soon be able to increase the battery capacity to say 60kWh with 55 usable. Whether insulating the current battery against the cold is possible, I’m not sure. The summer range/efficiency would be acceptable if it lasted at least 10 months of the year.

3 Likes

Have a look on FB, Miles has posted some sneak walk around of the car along with some stats.
Seems 2000 cars will be here this year. Trust Onto manage to get a few hundred of them.

MG Electric Vehicle Owners Club

Miles Roberts · 1 h ·

MG4 sneaky walk around video. Watch it before I get told to take it down 😂
This car is exceptional. 😍

3 Likes

Yup - caught that earlier.

Now that does look an interesting car!! :+1:

1 Like

Any reason to believe that ONTO have negotiated a deal with MG?

1 Like

Nope, but it would make a great low cost entry addition to the fleet and they keep telling us they are always talking to all manufs. :blush:

6 Likes

It looks amazing!!! Watch out Id3! This one is going to be good. Now only thing is, can MG supply fast enough to meet demand.

5 Likes

Video review done in China link posted on speakev thread and looks like they have some super tarmac roads in China, unlike the U.K. The interior space, seating and boot space all look good. That split airfoil is very distinctive and the colour too.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/mg4-chinese-video-review.171181/

1 Like

Pricing seems to be out for the MG4 and my god it’s good!!

This is an absolute bargain!

4 Likes

SE Long Range at just under £29K and the Top of the line Trophy Long Range at £31.5K

That is stonking pricing

3 Likes

Yes yes yes.:older_man:

2 Likes

Ooooo-eeeee! :clap:

3 Likes