Alarm going off ID4

Over the last couple of days the alarm in my ID4 has randomly gone off a few times, I noticed that someone mentioned using the app to unlock the car has triggered the alarm, could this be to do with Onto’s ongoing firmware fixes for the hardware installed in the car?

1 Like

Had my ID3 alarm go off earlier this evening. Has happened before, but not for a long time since a firmware update was sent. My first thought was this latest event could well be connected with a firmware update being pushed out to fix the app mileage issue.

2 Likes

This happened to me today on my id3! Went in through the car park in my apartment and i could hear a car alarm and realised its my one ha went and checked the car but it was closed and nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been paranoid that someone’s been getting too close to my car, I’m very precious about it

2 Likes

Yep, my ID3’s alarm went off yesterday evening, too. Put it down to the high winds maybe rocking the car but looks like it may have been a wider issue.

happening to my ID3 too!

I just called ONTO and reminded them 1) the same issue happened historically which was later fixed by a remote update according to some customers’ posts here 2) I also raised if it was anything to do with the app update.

suggest you guys to call onto or send emails to [email protected]… so that onto can be made aware this is a widespread issue…

I’ll tag in @Raheel_at_Onto in case they have any intel :slight_smile:

Mine just did it the once and I hope it stays that way!

1 Like

did anyone hear back from Onto? Coz i haven’t

@flatw8 I’ll get our tech team to update this thread tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi all.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the alarms going off on your vehicles.
There have been several updates pushed to all our VWs and Audis over the last few days, and based on the timing of your comments it is likely that they caused this activity, although we did not expect them to.
If anyone’s alarm has gone off since yesterday morning, or does go off again, could you DM me with your vehicle registration and the approximate time of the alarm, and I’m confident we can get any issues resolved.
Thanks

6 Likes

Dear Luke- is there a push going to VW vehicles currently? My ID4 went off continuously from 430 this morning and I have to leave it unlocked.
John GF71XEM

I wouldn’t recommend leaving your car unlocked, especially after now publicly admitting to it, AND posting your license plate in the same message too… Your insurance wouldn’t be valid.

Is there not a setting in the car to temporarily disable the alarm? If not, get on the phone to Onto now and they’ll be able to do some basic troubleshooting as well as pushing new software to the Onto’s access equipment in your vehicle in an attempt to fix the alarm issue. They should be able to sort it out for you pretty quickly.

5 Likes

Yes-thought I had managed to DM. Currently I can’t get through to onto so my options are constant alarm or sit by unlocked car or drive around randomly…

1 Like

Hi @Porterdoc Sorry to hear about the alarm issue. We picked up on an issue on Friday and we have been pushing an update across to the VW/Audi fleet. I’m checking with the team if the update has been pushed to your car.

1 Like

I had this issue on an ID3 a few weeks ago and one of the Onto engineers had to come out to try and resolve it. It seems to be solved after a new control unit was installed (the 4G unit to replace the ageing 3G unit), followed then by a firmware update from your third-party provider of said units.

1 Like

@Porterdoc I just had confirmation that upgraded firmware for our hardware was pushed out over the weekend. Hopefully that will resolve the issue but please reach out if you continue to have an issue.

1 Like

One other thing to bear in mind is that quite a few of the VW ID cars in the Onto fleet may require a manufacturer software fix (can’t be done over-the-air) - my wife’s Onto ID3 went in to VW today to get this done.

1 Like

Thanks @RMAMB We followed up with several of the customers reporting the issue last week and they confirmed that the OTA seems to have worked. We will continue to monitor closely.

1 Like