After covid - community meetup

Would this interest anyone ?

Onto EV community meet ups, maybe someone from onto could come?

All after covid restrictions of course

3 Likes

Sounds good, count me in!

1 Like

Yup, why not :+1: but somewhere in the midlands so everyone can keep within their miles allowance :smile:

1 Like

Yes great idea. I know a lovely country hotel with tons of car park space and a Pulse Rapid Charger (if its working) but other new Shell and Pulse charger locations 2 to 3 miles around plus Lakeside on Thames shopping complex. Its called De Rougemont Manor Hotel just off M25 place called Warley near Brentwood CM13 3JP on zapmap and Pulse app. Closed of course now but when/if reopens Pulse will be able to fix charger. Can’t at moment as need access to power supply (see my note on Zapmap). @E7EV and I were going to start our bromance there before lockdown and with my Significant Other Driver grandmasuec permission. Great coffee in lovely surroundings etc. I am sure they would welcome us with open arms and tills.:older_man:

3 Likes

But happy with Midlands :older_man:

1 Like

100% sounds great. M25 easy reach for most I hope and maybe one closer to Midlands.

I just thought it be good for everyone to see the range off different EV available, from the BMW to a Zoe and maybe a tesla and jaguar :slight_smile: As I have seen people do like a swap here and there.

Rapid chargers would be needed though

Think my Zoe will make it on one charge. 3 miles each way :joy:. Not that that influenced my suggestion :older_man:

And don’t forget Fully Charged Live in June. We’ll have to wear our ONTO sweatshirts to identify each other (if they fit!).

@Lily_at_Onto can you confirm that ONTO will have a stand this year. And will we get chance to meet your good self?

1 Like

A round trip to reach the M25 would be more than half of my monthly mileage allowance!
(Not that it would put me off - Lockdown has helped me build up a little to spare)

1 Like

Same 4 hours drive for me !

1 Like

Why not just arrange it for one of the EV shows that will be on this year ,that way you can make a day out of it

All for that idea. :older_man::older_man:

Didn’t it get pushed back to September? The dates I am seeing online now are September 3, 4 and 5 for this year, unless they now have 2 events for 2021?

1 Like

You are absolutely correct @Koda. Thanks for pointing this out. I’ll update the thread.

I’m not able to attend a meeting on those September dates, but if you decide to do another one somewhere else, like the M25 one, I’m in.

1 Like

Think maybe local onto meet up events would be better, southeast/London one and also Midlands one ?

Ev car shows would be good but also would be good to have just a free onto event for us all.

1 Like

Was just skimming through with a spare 5 minutes and so had to re-read this. My bad

Sorry @IanEV if my attempt at levity caused you offence. suggesting they would be pleased to see us (open arms) and take lots of our money (open cash till)… :older_man:

1 Like

Got the levity @Grandadgeorgec, i would think most places would be welcoming towards any size group. Unfortunately it was my eyesight that was questionable…lol

1 Like

Ha ha he he :joy::joy::crazy_face::atm::pound::pound::pound::+1::older_woman::older_man:

1 Like