Adding extra miles just got a whole lot more flexible!

Flexibility is at the heart of our Onto subscription, and limiting you to only buying one Mileage bolt-on per month was undoubtedly restricting this flexibility.

We’re super excited to announce that you’re now able to add more than one Mileage bolt-on to your subscription!

How does it work?

All you have to do is email us at [email protected], telling us which additional bolt-on you’d like to purchase and we’ll take care of the rest! At the moment, this will be a manual process, but rest assured, we’ll automate it in the near future!

Please note, as the top-up is a manual adjustment to the subscription, we will need to bill you first before it can be applied.

Any additional Mileage bolt-on you’d like to purchase will remain at the same price as an initial bolt-on:

What’s the limit?

Please note, you are limited to adding a maximum of 1,000 miles per month, in addition to your base monthly mileage allocation. Past this limit, you will be charged per mile (overage).

Check out our blog on How mileage works to find out more.

10 Likes

@Lily_at_Onto You might want to add the 250 mile overage rule too as this doesn’t seem well communicated in the original post.

Trying to remember what that rule is :thinking:

Nice addition. It might also be a good idea to update the “What happens to unused mileage” FAQ. It doesn’t include that the unused mileage won’t be used until the current months mileage has been used.

2 Likes

Can I get more scenarios around this to see how it would work?

Can I buy 250 miles then buy another 250 miles when I need it?
What happens if I buy 500 miles then try to buy 1000? Will it just get rejected or will I just an extra 500 instead?
Is it just one of each type i.e. if I buy 250 then I can’t buy it again?
Does it meant 750 miles is defunct at Tier 4, as I may as well just buy 250 + 500 as it’s cheaper?

1 Like

So does that mean, if we take a Zoe in Tier 1 as an example, someone could do 1999 miles a month maximum ?

750 miles included at £499
1000 mile bolt on at additional £140
249 miles at 40p per mile (£99.60)

So 1999 miles at 37p per mile. Is that good?

2 Likes

I don’t think it would’ve been good last year, but today even an ICE would be nearly 20p per mile in fuel alone, I can’t really say it’s way off with todays costs.

It’s not “bad”.

Actually, it’s mostly relative. I couldn’t bring myself to carry on reassessing the cost of my previous own car - a 5 litre 19-year-old Merc. Admittedly I bought it “cheap” off EBay and it “lasted” 6 years. But I’m pretty sure a year ago that was costing 85p a mile - with impending big bills.

Anything looks “cheap” when it’s relative!! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Another thing to consider is at least with Onto, we’re relatively protected from random spikes in the price of fuel/electricity. Yeah they may have to increase prices from time to time to keep up, but at least we know it’s coming in advance rather than rocking up one day and having an unexpected increase from last time.

Don’t know how relevant that might be to most people but I like knowing I’m not going to be spending any more money on the car than I already have (unless on the very rare occasion I’d need to call into a GRIDSERVE or A.N. Other charger - yet to happen to me).

1 Like