A pragmatic solution to lack of use and subscription pricing

Friends, Romans, countrymen… I have an idea. Half of you will be on board, and the other half will make inaccurate comparisons to PCP and leases, but such is life.

There are those of us who will not legally be able to use our cars for an entire month’s subscription period (for example, mine runs 5 Apr - 5 May), but will require the car once this authoritarian silliness passes, so won’t cancel our subscriptions. This leaves us paying full price for a car we’re unable to use. At all.

I understand the cars still need to be paid for, and I understand some folk will be able to use their cars during this period. So here is my proposal: A retrospective partial refund of a month’s subscription, for subscribers whose records show a zero mile usage during the previous month.

This way, those who use their cars pay as normal, but those who don’t (and for whom cancellation makes no sense given Evezy’s current supply issues) are not charged full price for the privilege of having 2 tons of useless metal sat outside.

@Lily_at_Evezy - is this a compromise that could work?

(edited for clarity)

3 Likes

While you have @Lily_at_Evezy ‘s attention, here’s a couple of ideas.

Many of us will come out of lockdown having built up a hefty mileage credit. Those on waitlists will be getting a new vehicle they’ll be eager to use to the full. In either case, the pull of the open road will be strong. This means some could go over their monthly mileage allowance and incur overage charges even though their average would still fall below 12k pa pro rata. They would then have to wait until they leave evezy, or their next subscription anniversary to recoup the charges. Could this rule be suspended for a couple of months after the end of lockdown? This would allow us to plan a few road trips (into Europe for those who want to take advantage of the new policy)?

To pick up on @Tom ‘s point, you could opt out of the above and get a refund on unused miles during lockdown. So if you only did 100 miles, you would get a refund of £72 (900 x 8ppm). Your end of the year mileage review would exclude any months where you got a refund. Lockdown months are April and May, and possibly June, depending on what happens.

3 Likes

Refund for unused miles during April/early May sounds good.

Late May/June refunds will be unnecessary… if Boris and pals try to keep me inside after that, I won’t need my Evezy car as I’ll be moving somewhere a wee bit more liberal… like the DPRK or the GDR circa 1980!

3 Likes

Yep!! I’m a new subscriber.
I waited 3months for a car then the week lockdown started I was offered a car but refused due to expensive delivery quote (30min journey £70+) and no discount for not using the car during lockdown.

Surely it’s better to get 50% subscription for unused cars than nothing?

1 Like

Yesh I’m probably returning my car, when lock down ends either my new car will get delivered or I can get another Evezy temporarily

2 Likes

Yes, delivery and collection should be free right now if they actually want people to take subscriptions.

What’s the alternative, for customers to travel somewhere by public transport to collect a car? Exactly…

1 Like

I believe it’s 50% off delivery at the moment. That’s fairly reasonable as I wouldn’t want to get public transport in London for example at the moment.

2 Likes

No, it should be free. 50% off is literally saying “pay up or risk your health”.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna have to drive to Wandsworth and get train back or pay £1.20 x 113miles :joy: even 50% off is a no go

1 Like

If I was returning a car right now, I think my response to being charged for it would be something along the lines of cancelling the payment card and saying “you know where it is, come get it”!

1 Like

Where do you all think the magic money tree is hidden. Evezy still has to pay for the cars and pay for its staff. Perhaps before demanding refunds you should ask Lilly and George if they really need to get paid this month. Or for those of you who have an ICE sitting on the path try going back to your local garage and see if they will buy diesel back from you.

3 Likes

I don’t really think this is my problem? As a customer, I have literally no responsibility to their staff. My only concern as a consumer is to get a fair deal. How Evezy choose to achieve that is entirely up to them as a business.

Personally, I would like to believe they can keep both their customers and their staff happy as part of basic CSR, but ultimately where they find the money is none of my concern - nor should it be!

1 Like

I’d say your posts shows that you aren’t really interested in a pragmatic solution, quite the opposite.

1 Like

I went for pragmatic after they refused the initial suggestion. Remember it’s a car rental company not a charity ffs - wait until they charge you for a nonexistent scratch upon returning the car, and tell me if you still care :wink:

Edit: also, Admiral have just refunded every insurance customer £25 for lack of use. All I’m asking for is a gesture. @E7EV’s suggestion of 8p for every unused mile is fine by me. But nothing at all is just s**thousery.

1 Like

But to have 20 cars sat in their yard gathering dust bringing in £0, makes zero sense to me when they could have some (if not all) of them cars out on subscription for half the advertised price?

Half of something is better than nothing? Surely??

If Evezy haven’t furloughed their staff then get them working! Get cars out to people who are willing to have one.

1 Like

Exactly. Furloughing the staff would cover the cost of customer discounts too…

1 Like

The whole point of the system is that you return the vehicle if you don’t need it. Return the vehicle then the miles you aren’t doing won’t cost you anything.

You can then return the vehicle as agreed for free or if your personal circumstances don’t allow that then you get a (pragmatically) reduced price for them to collect.

That’s a product that is working for the consumer. Plus by doing that you can move on to the next thing in your life to piss and whinge about.

Fleet utilisation is a management problem for them - I dare say if it comes to them having too many idle vehicles we will know as they will start pushing some offers.

2 Likes

Would return it if I knew I could get another when I need it again in 3 weeks… but they can’t do that, so the only alternative is a reduced rate.

I’m guessing you don’t want a discount, given you’re having a pop at the guy who’s trying to save you money? :wink:

1 Like

Do we have any evidence that there are any cars sitting unused in their yard?

1 Like

There is another alternative for you - get a car from someone else. Problem solved. There are loads of other options and there must be some cracking deals on at the moment.

And to be honest I don’t really feel the need for a discount as I am getting what I pay for and furthermore think that someone like you accusing them of shithousery is unlikely to engender feelings of benevolence.

3 Likes